- Career development oportunities
- Part-time or school hour options available (20 to 25 hours per week)
- Competitive remuneration - negotiable based on experience, skill and ability
- Supportive, friendly and family orientated team
We have a position available for a Human Resources Manager, based at our Keith branch.
This position will suit a highly motivated individual who is able to work autonomously, work well under pressure, is prepared to expand their knowledge and learn new skills in a rapidly growing industry.
About the Company
O’Brien Electrical & Air Conditioning Keith is a growing Electrical contracting company with our head office based in Keith and a second branch located in Mount Barker. We have a very strong client base with a proven reputation for excellence in all that we do.
We are a proud local family owned and operated business made up of quality-focused trade service professionals. We provide services across Australia in multiple sectors of the industry including residential, commercial and industrial.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated, dynamic Human Resource Generalist to join our team. You will bring a positive attitude, be warm and friendly with excellent organisational skills, great communication skills and an autonomous nature with the desire to own the role.
About the position:
As the Human Resource Manager you will provide support across the entire business (Keith and Mount Barker branches) and be instrumental in driving productivity, and a culture of best practice, including:
- Support managers as required in relation to employee matters,
- Manage all aspects of the staff advertisements, recruitment and selection processes.
- Compile all relevant employment documentation including contracts, position descriptions, induction, and onboarding materials for new staff appointments,
- Provide human resources advice and support on policies, procedures, and interpretation of the relevant industry awards,
- Conducting performance appraisals and manage poor performance,
- Innovate new systems and processes to support the business and its culture,
- Manage and coordinate training requirements (including training contracts) and learning in conjunction with managers, for all business requirements,
- Manage the administration team across both branches,
- Weekly reporting to the business owners,
- Manage staff-related WHS requirements including incident reporting and incident investigations,
- Ad hoc HR duties and projects as required.
Qualifications, experience and capabilities
- Prior experience in a similar role as an HR Generalist is desirable.
- Relevant qualification in Human Resources is desirable.
- Well organised and impeccable attention to detail.
- Word processing (Advanced), Excel (Intermediate), computer and database skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team, prioritise workloads and perform multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to communicate with a wide range of staff members, and managers.
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow and develop procedures.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
If you are passionate about helping people succeed, a dedicated team player with a can do positive attitude, are looking for a new challenge, we would like to hear from you.